These are the primary commercial databases and indexes available to the Rider University community for finding articles on topics related to Health and Health Care. See also the open-access databases available under the Web Sites tab.
"CINAHL Complete is the world’s most comprehensive source of full-text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL. ... CINAHL Complete is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing & allied health literature and supports nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers."
General Science Full Text (Wilson)
- "General Science Full Text is a bibliographic database that indexes and abstracts articles of at least one column in length from English-language periodicals published in the United States and Great Britain plus the full text of selected periodicals. Periodical coverage includes popular science magazines as well as professional journals. General Science Full Text also covers The New York Times Science Section (published weekly on Tuesday). Abstracting coverage begins with periodicals published in March 1993. Abstracts range from 50 to 300 words and describe the content and scope of the source articles. Full text coverage begins in January 1995."
- "MEDLINE® provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree numbers, tree hierarchy and explosion capabilities to search abstracts from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Included are citations from Index Medicus, International Nursing Index, Index to Dental Literature, HISTLINE, SPACELINE, PREMEDLINE®, AIDSLINE®, BIOETHICSLINE®, and HealthSTAR®. Premier Package customers will have instant access to full text for 1,750 journals indexed in MEDLINE (at no additional charge). Users of MEDLINE will be excited to learn that this is now a "full text database".
- PubMed comprises more than 19 million citations for biomedical articles from MEDLINE and life science journals. Citations may include links to full-text articles from PubMed Central or publisher web sites.
- With ScienceDirect you can:
- Access over 1700 scientific, technical & medical peer-reviewed journals.
- Search over 59 million abstracts from scientific articles.
- Link out to articles from over 120 other publishers.
- ScienceDirect includes 125 titles formerly found in IDEAL.
Academic Search Premier
This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.