You will learn in this session:
1. Navigate the Library Home to locate library resources
2. Define your topic and narrow down your focus by adding keywords
3. Differentiate different types of materials (journals,magazines, newspapers, websites, etc.) and identify tools to search sources for your topic.
4. Apply common search tips to search articles and books.
5. Use RefWorks to cite sources
This guide will connect you with resources to find journal articles, newspaper articles, books, and other sources. It is structured around the I-LEARN information use and learning model (Neuman, 2011). The tabs above will take you through each step of the process of finding, evaluating, and using information.
Recursive and flexible, the I-LEARN model can be used in any information setting. The model includes six elements: