|Next, find information about your topic.
Capitalize your connectors AND/OR
1. Phrase Search-keep a phrase together so it will not get separated and lose intended meaning
2. Truncations - to search words of various endings
comput* -computer, computers, computerize computerized, computerinzing, computational, computation
wom?n - woman or women
girl*-girl, girls, girlish
3. Boolean Operators - use AND/ OR/ NOT to connect your keywords - Boolean Machine.
california AND parks
"yellowstone park" AND "wild life"
women OR girl* OR female*
research OR survey or case stud*
Example- NOT (AND NOT)
yellowstone NOT park
clinton AND NOT hillary
4. Use parenthesis and quotation marks for logical execution of search terms
"sex* harrassment" AND ("work place" OR office)
Example of a Library One Search
1. Use Advanced search interface
2. Search by keyword and limit search in Subject or Abstract field
3. Use keywords describing one concept in each search box, connect synonyms with connector OR (capitalized)
4. Limit to Online Access & In Library for full-text articles and e-books.
5. Limit the date range (to more recent articles)
Sample One Search:
Topic: Impact of Covid-19 on Ghana?
Ghana AND (covid-19 OR coronavirus)
Advanced Search Page of Library One Search:
1. You can download PDF file or email the article to yourself.
2. Click Permalink which will direct you to the right location.
3. Perma Link will point to the URL that always links back to thisarticle.
4. Click right hand "Cite", you will find different citation style. Some are incorrect forms. You need to correct the errors.
Go to "More Search Options" for Advanced Search page.
Limit keyword search to Headline field. Use OR to connect synonyms.
The latest article is on top. You can preview each article.
You can select source type and the names of newspapers publishing the articles.
When you click the title, the full text page has your keywords highlighted in yellow, You can click the top menu to check the citation of the article in APA or MLA format, email, download, print and so on.