Rider University belongs to a consortium with other NJ academic libraries called VALE (Virtual Academic Library Environment).
You, as a Rider student, faculty or staff member, may borrow materials from other participating VALE Libraries.
1. Consult the lists of VALE Reciprocal Borrowing Participating Libraries for Faculty and Staff, for Graduate Students or for Undergraduate Students to determine if you qualify for onsite borrowing privileges at the library you are interested in visiting. (The links above also include links to the individual libraries' borrowing policies.)
2. Ask staff at your home library (see the Moore or Talbott Circulation Desk) for a VALE Reciprocal Borrowing
Application Form and fill it out. If you are applying for privileges at
more than one library, you must fill out a form for each library.
Library staff at your home library will verify your standing and sign
3. Present the signed application form along with a photo ID at the
participating library’s circulation desk. You will be issued borrowing
privileges and/or a guest borrower card. Privileges are for one academic
year and expire June 30th.
4. To renew your borrowing privileges, you must present a new application form signed by staff at your home library.
5. You will be responsible for complying with the lending library’s
circulation policies, including loan periods, overdue fines, recalls,
all replacement and processing fees, and for returning all borrowed
items directly to the lending library.